Dismiss Notice
Want to Shorten Your Long URL? Check out our sister website Tiniurl to solve your needs!

CS:GO startup issue, steam support not working

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike/CS:S' started by KeThomas91, Feb 21, 2017.

1. KeThomas91

KeThomas91

When CS:GO launches, I get a black screen. My computer does not register any input. To fix the issue, every time I launch CS:GO, I must turn my monitor on and off, which for some reason fixes the issue, and any keys I pressed activate only after I turn my monitor on and off. I have no launch options except clientport. I previously had launch options like freq, refresh, and threads, but to try to diagnose the issue I got rid of those launch options. My guess is that it is a problem with my monitor (144hz, 1440p), which sometimes registers as 142 hz, 143 hz, and 144 hz. In different games it switches between these three. But it could also be a driver issue or any number of issues. I have tried:
    Reinstalling CS:GO
    Resetting all launch options
    Rolling back my graphics driver
    As of now, my only (temporary) fix is turning my monitor on and off during the black screen that appears every time I launch CS:GO. Every other game I own works fine. Please help me fix this issue, it is a real bother. Thank you.

Tried to use steam support for this issue, got a prompt saying steam support was down.