Dismiss Notice
Want to Shorten Your Long URL? Check out our sister website Tiniurl to solve your needs!

Tutorial God Mode :)

Discussion in 'Gunz 2 Discussion/Hacks' started by Traxin, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Traxin

Traxin Registered User

Yup. It's here :)

Ok so I actually just found this call so bear with me, I haven't really dove into it too much and made it into a full blown hack but if you'll just follow along you'll be able to find it here with me :)

Alright. So first things first what do we know?

We know it's basically impossible to find a value for our health. It's either encrypted or just completely handled by the server.

We do know we have the hand of god perk which gets initialized every time we enter a game. Hand of God makes you invulnerable. We need Hand of God....

So I used Ivan to do this along with a Inf ZPower which you can find the Cheat Engine script I made in here.

Ok so on to the good stuff :D

Oh btw... You need OllyDBG or another debugger (I actually use Immunity) and have some familiarity with the tool of your choosing.

Alright so on to the bidness.

Open the game, attach olly/immunity/debugger and in the Gunz2_Steam.exe module we're going to search for all referenced text strings and look for "god" simple eh? lol
    gdo_stringsrch.png

Then we'll hit Ctrl+L to find the next instance of the string "god" until we find this one.
    right_string.png

Double click the string and you'll arrive at a location that looks like this. First test I made was to simply nop that whole fucking call out.

nop_this.png

Remember, we have to get rid of all of it's parameters otherwise we'll corrupt the shit out of the stack and result in a pretty little crash :D

Anyways, what this will do is once you get Hand of God perk enabled, this will make it permanent. So it gets rid of it's cool down or some shit maybe I'm not too sure. Like I said I haven't really dove into it to much and I literally just found 2 minutes before I started writing this thread lol. (I spent two minutes fucking npcs up with god mode yes I know lol)

Anyways guys there you fucking go! :)

God Mode for the public!
    :cool:

EDIT: After some testing before I went to work I noticed nopping this call completely disables the game from being able to set the perk on.
    This is good, this means this function has to do with enabling the Hand of God perk.
    All that's left is figuring out the parameters themselves and calling the function from our own hack to enable the Hand of God perk ALL the time. Or we might also be able to find the memory address that gets modified when the perk is enabled and disabled... IDK. I honestly think spamming the function call itself might be a bit easier. Might not even have to spam it though.
    I think there are 2 calls being made to this parent function (The function in which all of the code which we're nopping resides in), 1 enabling the perk or "God_Mode" and another disabling it.

More research in the next few days. For now... Sleep.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  2. toxxic458

toxxic458 Registered User

This is the demigodmode part. Does not work when you aren't host.

3. Traxin

Traxin Registered User

Does the cyanide version work in multiplayer as well? I've only tested it in campaign....

Not to mention I probably posted this a bit prematurely after digging in for a few hours the other day and kinda just running into walls.

What I did learn is this call is located inside of what appears to me like some sort of setup function, after the return there are a few conditional jumps that when reversed have a similar effect as to nopping the call in the op.

I then came to a mov instruction that moves what looks like could be a pointer into pretty much a random address each time. Nopping this single instruction, also doesn't allow god mode to be enabled... However.

No matter what sort of timing I could not get the perk to stick nopping this instruction.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  4. toxxic458

toxxic458 Registered User

You can emulate a lua call to ZEvent_AddBuff/ZEvent_ModifyBuff and pass it's result to CommonEvent.