Dismiss Notice
Want to Shorten Your Long URL? Check out our sister website Tiniurl to solve your needs!

Gunz 2

Discussion in 'Gunz 2 General Discussion' started by Skyline_GTR, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Skyline_GTR

Skyline_GTR GzP Admin Staff Member Admin

Looks like it is on its way?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133839622

Thoughts?

2. ScoutingForGirls

ScoutingForGirls Retired Staff Member

Wow, it looks so much better than the first one! Much more realistic, and better graphics !

3. Gang998

Gang998

I can't wait to play. It's been about 5 years overdue.

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

I can't wait to play. It's about 5 year overdue.

4. Cipher

Cipher Retired Staff Member

Played the closed/open beta whatever the **** it was.
    The game is terrible.
    No, sorry, I was being a bit too nice there.
    The game is ****ing terrible. I never held the original GunZ in high regard as the whole gameplay is based around using glitches to defeat your opponents, which is really, really dumb. In fact, if it wasn't for how poorly the game was made, it would have never taken off in the first place. Now everyone expects the sequel to be great, which it isn't.

Things you can look forward to in GunZ 2:

1. Not being able to react or defend yourself what-so-ever when you get flipped
    2. The horrible host selection system. I really had a hard time calling this a system, because it appears that it selects a host at random. I had probably the worst connection in the room (unless I was playing with a bunch of brazilians, in which case nvm) and it still set me as host, causing everyone in the room to go completely ape shit because they couldn't flip people to their deaths
    3. The retarded community carried over from GunZ 1. Yep, they've got it all; from huehue BRs to kids who sit at their computers all day and play GunZ in order to consider themselves "GunZ Wizards" or some shit like that and possess no skills at all that would help them in the real world.
    Put simply, this game is terrible. It should have never got greenlit on steam (Even valve are screwing them around because they know how terrible the game is and they don't want it on their platform at all). To be quite honest, I don't even know why they even bothered to develop a sequel. The game has been in development for many years, and they still managed to completely **** it up.

5. Skyline_GTR

Skyline_GTR GzP Admin Staff Member Admin

wow that's very negative comments.. I guess that's something you won't see in the trailer.

6. Cipher

Yes. I mean, it's not the final version, it was a beta. But still; it's not like the bugs were minor, they were serious bugs that massively affected the gameplay. The bugs were so obvious that it makes me wonder how they didn't notice it whilst carrying out their own, internal, testing.
    When it's officially released, I'll test it out again, but given MAIET's past history, I doubt it's going to improve much.

7. jetman82

jetman82

Yeah gotta say the closed beta made me realize how garbage the game is. In the alpha atleast you could still dbf with a bit of practice, but you can't hardly do jack in GunZ 2 lol. Just some lightstepping, a few special attack cancels, little stuff like that.

8. tmmo123

tmmo123

So all bad comments for GunZ 2 xD

9. thenewcomer

thenewcomer

Unfortunately, i'm also going to have to give the game a negative posting. GunZ the original was broken to all hell, and because of that fact it was somewhat balanced once you hit the (rather steep) learning curve. The new game however, has no balance whatsoever. As Cipher said, it's just going to be a flipping competition between yourself, and brazilians/11year olds. But i know its possible they can fix balance and bugs with patches and whatnot, so i wont focus on that too much. The biggest problems are going to be the developers and the community. In the original GunZ the developers fixed broken coding with more broken code. If they do that again with this game, it's just going to become even more unbearable for everyone that touches the game. The community is also awful if what Cipher said is true and the people from the first transferred to the second. I'm not sure about you guys, but i was never a fan of people spamming the chat with "oh i'm so ****ing amazing smd n00bf4g tr0l0l!1one." I also didn't enjoy brazilians with 3 thousand+ ping teleporting to random spots due to their insane lag. I'm not sure how they manage to do that, since most connections time-out faster than that, but nonetheless that is what you will see with GunZ 2

Now, even if you exclude all of the major bugs, unbalanced fighting, slow pace, and terrible community, you will still have people hacking it and abusing the hacks. Isay this because the game didn't even get into the beta stage before i saw some of the database server sided files leaked to some sites. It was quite literally along the lines of "the game is about 40% done, heres a dump of all their files."

Personally, i'm not going to play it until maybe a year after it's fully released (to give them time to patch things) and even then i'm not expecting much.
    TL;DR: the game is more than likely going to be terribad.

10. Cosmos

Cosmos

But at least their game is secure now.
    http://forum.gunz2.co.uk/threads/first-hacker-spotted.1727/

11. anthony309

anthony309

Game is really laggy and has a lot of issues. Surprised some hacks work with all the glitches and lag.

12. wengfrecrixs

wengfrecrixs

Seriously i miss gunz 1 hacks back then , but now gunz2 no more hack ...

13. toomuch22

toomuch22 Guest

Anyone has any links (non-youtube converted) for the audios/BGMs??? Please share if you do!

14. Jaspreet503

Jaspreet503

aa

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  15. sopfox3

sopfox3 R.I.P GIF

Is it going off topic when people talk about GunZ 1 here?
    GunZ 2 a different game guys, cmon, give it a chance. It's not completely finished, promise you it's a good game when you are the shooter type.
    It's not meant for exploiting sword glitching like GunZ 1. Otherwise the game would be called K-Style: The duel right?

16. thecoolest001

thecoolest001

Seems great.. What is the Specs needed for GUNZ 2? Is it compatible for windows 8?

I played GUNZ when I was in highschool but I quit because of the cheats and hacks.

17. Cipher

It doesn't require a very powerful computer at all. There's still a decent amount of hacking going on and from what I can see the game has gone very quiet now in terms of users.

18. aymenboy11

aymenboy11

trying it out now hope to see some good ..