1. Hi, Guest,

Currently we have three official hacks running. CSGO, Battlefield Hardline and Audition America. Be sure to check them out!

CSGO - "50 Shades of Gaben" - CSGO Cheat

Battlefield Hardline Cheat - FREE

Audition Redbana Hack [ARH Modz]

More to Come!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
CSGO VIP Cheats now available!! Click here to get a copy!
Dismiss Notice
Want to Shorten Your Long URL? Check out our sister website Tiniurl to solve your needs!

Announcement New Requirements For Level 2 Sections

Discussion in 'Trash Can' started by Skyline_GTR, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyline_GTR

Skyline_GTR GzP Admin Staff Member Admin

Level 2 sections have been opened for about 1 month and so far it doesn't look like the post requirement is a good way to prevent leechers. Therefore we are going to use the reputation system instead. The reputation system is a much better way to prevent leechers from spamming their way into the level 2 sections. Here are the new requirements.

You must meet all of the following requirements in order to become a Registered Users+ member.

1. 100+ Reputation Points - Changed from 250+
    2. 150+ Posts
    3. Must have been a member for at least 15 days.

By default everyone has 10 reputation points and 0 reputation power. Only administrator has a fixed reputation power of 50. There are a few ways to gain reputation power.

1. For every 365 days, you will gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
    2. For every 750 posts, you will gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
    3. For every 100 reputation points, you will gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Please note that reputation points and reputation power are not the same thing. You can only receive reputation points from other members and this is one of the requirements that you will need in order to become a Registered Users+ member. Reputation power is how many reputation points that you will give or take away each time you click the reputation button ([​IMG]).

You must also have at least 50 posts and have at least 10 reputation points in order for your reputation hits count on others. Please note that members can also give negative reputation points. You can also only give or take away reputation points to 10 members every day.

Yes, we know that it is hard to gain reputation points and reputation power using this system because this is the point of the system. It makes leechers life much harder and we can be sure that all Registered users+ members are all contributors and know what they are doing.

You will see that in each post, there will be a reputation button ([​IMG]). Click on the button and you can choose to whether give that user positive or negative reputation points.

To see how many reputation points you have, simply go to your User CP and you will see that at the bottom of the page.

The bottom line is that if you are active, constantly contributing, and helping other members, then it will not be difficult to meet the requirements.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply this thread.

Good Luck:)

Thanks.
    Skyline_GTR

----

Okay - I've just read through 7 pages of crap where people are reiterating the same opinions. Please read this post.

The reputation system does NOT work how you all assume it does. Consider two variables at play: reputation power and reputation points. Most people currently have stuff all reputation points, and we are well aware of that (we're quite capable of basic English comprehension, thanks).

Administrators will jack you up by about 10 *reputation points* from memory, and mods will jack you up about 5. (Skyline has since modified it, and probably made it even more lenient) So it's always a good idea to impress the mods and administrators if you're keen on getting into level two. As you progressively earn more reputation (give it two weeks and most members will be using it, and we'll eliminate the thanks system), the reputation you distribute to others will increase. vBulletin's default reputation system is far more sophisticated than the basic thanks system, which would've been phased out along time ago if I had my way. That's besides the point.

If you're still not quite following: consider either an upside-down funnel or an upside-down pyramid. At the top, right now, you've got only a handful of individuals who will get you close to the magic number. We'll help. As we increase active members' rep power, they'll continue to utilize the system (+rep where they see fit) and gradually we'll see a change in dynamic where more and more members will have a higher rep power.

Yes, we're well aware that nobody uses the rep system at the moment (any of you even notice/remember I created a poll about it x months ago? ... Of course not) but this will work, and is not a short term solution.

Think about it beyond your short sighted goal of getting into the level two forums: what is better for the community as a whole: post-count-incentive, where people can openly spam, or a community where thought and helpfulness is rewarded?

So sorry guys, but suck it up, and start using the rep system.

P.s: any rep exchanging or rep-rings will results in a temporary ban and all rep points revoked. As I said, Jelsoft created a great reputation system in vB, and it's piss easy to follow users abusing the system.

EDIT By Skyline_GTR: You must have at least 50 posts and 10 reputation points in order for your reputation power to have impact on other users. If you don't meet either requirements then you will have 0 reputation power.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2009
    10 people like this.
  2. amonkeyz

amonkeyz

I was legitimately getting 250 posts :tear: But I understand. By the way I don't think anyone use's reputation. and how many people have 250+ rep points 20ish? when I say that I mean people that have signed in in the past month

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
    2 people like this.
  3. ahmedg

ahmedg

Wow i was getting posts now you have to double the requirements! No one uses rep any more!

2 people like this.
  4. kratos85

kratos85

so i got kicked out of level 2 due to 12 year old spamming children?......go figure

so i have to have 250 people +rep me......

3 people like this.
  5. GlockHeadshot

GlockHeadshot

ummm yah... i have 16 reputation but yet have over 1000 thanks? and i still cant get into the Gunz Level 2? i dont understand this <.<

maybe we should go for like 200 rep or 500 thanks?

3 people like this.
  6. Stupending

Stupending GzP Underground GzP Underground

Some users may abuse this and give negative reputation points as well. For example, I closed a begging thread and that person gave me a negative reputation point.

1 person likes this.
  7. GlockHeadshot

GlockHeadshot

Exactly... this is unstable... one day you could be in there and 2 hours later you could be 100 points away... base it off at least 2 or even make it so people have to make an application to get in. Then they can be held to a higher standard

1 person likes this.
  8. Stupending

Also, many contributors who used to be able to go into the Level 2 sections are now not able to. The problem is that the leechers don't bother using the rep system and not many people have even over 100 rep points. The level 2 sections would be completely dead for a while.

9. GlockHeadshot

GlockHeadshot

Gunz level 2 was already dead. There was only 4-5 of us that were there regularly at all. The one thing we released in there was never leached <.<

Blegh i dont like this .-.

10. Stupending

Also, what happens to the previous contributions that people made? Some have released many hacks and have helped many people. Their past work was not repped and now, they would have to start over.

11. GlockHeadshot

GlockHeadshot

exctly

/agree completely

.-. /sigh

12. zahid27

zahid27

Skyline, just a quick question. I think these requirements are fair, but in the Soldier Front section, I'm sure people can trust me and I'm well known, but I haven't got much reputation points. What am I supposed to do? And also how do I check how many reputation points I have?

EDIT: Never mind, I checked and I only have 14 reputation points.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  13. Stupending

You may check your rep points by clicking the User CP link at the top.

14. tom2oo8

tom2oo8

Maby we should get 0.5rep per thanks we have and recieve?

Or edit the thanks button to be the rep button?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  15. amonkeyz

amonkeyz

I was thinking the same thing...say if someones in a bad mood they can randomly -rep you...or if you call someones post leeched or wrong forum they can -rep you. For the pure leechers that don't care about GzP they can randomly or just don't like you -rep..

Example: There are thanks spammer so there should be -rep spammers...

16. killr541

killr541

I don't think this was thought through enough, and I think it should just stay with the post count, or activity.
    This really bums me out because I was almost at 250 points, and I was pretty excited about finally almost being able to get to the gunz lvl 2 discussion etc... I was probably going to get a lot more posts today, but this happened like as soon as I came back on today... and as soon as I saw it, I said to myself "oh my god.. why did this have to happen now? :/"

Ban all the spammers and people with useless posts or reset their post count to 0 if they had a consistent amount of suckage for a while, so there would be way less leechers... I don't like this idea and I don't think anybody else does, either.

17. lollipop_002

lollipop_002

im getting everything on my mind to share everything i know in every game almost 250 post then it changed..gah

18. King3vil

King3vil

well i posted a suggestion in the suggestions section a few minutes ago on what i think the requirements for level 2 should be and im anxious to get some feedback.

i agree these requirements are just a little too difficult to obtain. lol with these requirements both level 2 sections will be dead for a long time.

19. frenchfatcat

frenchfatcat

can you not put up the posting requirements or something, this is ridiculous, literally only 10 people from game can see the level 2

20. Wo1f

Wo1f GzP Underground GzP Underground

10 reputation -_- pretty much no one gives rep, just give thanks. I've never even +repped people, only clicked on Thanks.

I'm thinking of possibly, 200 or so minimum post count, 1 year old account, and THEN you are allowed to apply for level 2 access, which can be evaluated by an admin/mod, or maybe even evaluated by people already in level 2.

Things like 200 reputation is ridiculous. I wonder what the percentage of people in this forum even have 200 rep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.