Dismiss Notice
Want to Shorten Your Long URL? Check out our sister website Tiniurl to solve your needs!

[RELEASE] Sydra - NSZ Manager

Discussion in 'Rumble Fighter' started by FadeToBlack, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Luig

Luig

I have also had a .nsz unpacker and repacker for a while thanks to Phil's team on my programing knowledge. I agree with Phil that releasing something like this to the public will do more harm than it will do good. This will allow the hacks that Phil mentioned available to the public and in order for RF to patch them they will not only need to change the encryption but also how the game works internally causing a major re write. This will also affect all 3 versions of the game and might cause RF to close down for a while in which they will lose alot of money so I wouldn't be surprised to see a lawsuit headed your way. In the end it is your decision if you wish to release a repacker for .NSZ files.

@batfox
    RF seems to use the raw directx model format known as .x

2. Laveer

Laveer

Rumble Fighters future's quite dim as it is, though almost 60% of the hacking community already knows the basic idea on decompressing these archives. This was bound to happen either way, though I do agree with you when you stated
    As of now it seems as if the overall effort OGP exerts into rumble fighter based items isn't so high, and I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the production of the game seeing as to they would initially have to re-construct the game itself.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

It has and it hasn't, the overall outcome of this can be both severe and devastating in terms of the actual game itself. Sadly NSZ archives work unlike most other external game archives, there aren't barely any limits to what you can do with them.

3. Muhon

Muhon

Nice release.

4. ElDorado

ElDorado

Whichever one of you is Philip, please contact me. I don't know who any of you are anymore except Cloud, Luig, and Alesci, who have contacted me.

5. Cloud203

Cloud203 Retired Staff Member GzP Underground

I've played a game where the games files were able to be completely unpacked/repacked. (Audition's .acv files)

I know from experience what editing these files can do. If OGP does what Audition's staff did, they'll up their encryption... eventually. That, I don't disagree with one bit...

However, if the creator wants to be open with his tool, that's entirely his choice. The guy seems to value open source, so I doubt he'll change his mind anytime soon.

6. Laveer

Laveer

I don't personally have a problem with the release of his tool, I'm just implying the outcome could be horrid. NSZ archives write to the client in a strange from, you can change just about every other asset of the game with them. As far as them updating or upgrading their level of encryption, it won't be a walk through the park and they'd completely have to re-construct the clients methods of reading the archives stored memory.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

I wouldn't consider Philip as part of the original hacking community.

7. ElDorado

ElDorado

@Laveer

I'm genuinely very confused and would just like to know who is who since I've forgotten.

8. tiger22467

tiger22467

It seems as if everyone went into hiding but continued to hack Rumble Fighter.

I personally haven't hacked anything in awhile, been doing a lot of drawing and Fan Arting. I've actually been wanting to start playing RF again, but I have no one to play with anymore. Does anyone here actually still play it?

Another thing, whatever happened to that texture mod that was supposed to happen? Does that have to do with this at all?

9. ElDorado

ElDorado

I wasn't hacking Rumble Fighter in my absense. I was overloaded with projects in real life that I had to tend to and during the process I forgot. Everyone.

10. Laveer

Laveer

I wouldn't suggest jumping back into the rumble fighter hacking community, it's become garbage and it's only becoming more and more of a bother. As far as NSZ mods oppose to general texture mods, NSZ files serve more purposes then general external game memory archives, in a sense they hold much of the memory in which the client executes most of it's actions from.

@ ElDorado, we were never really close or spoke much back then, but I'm FlyBy in case your wondering.

11. ElDorado

ElDorado

Alright Laveer. Well if I did anything to hurt you which made you not speak to me, I am sorry. I made a thread explaining a lot but it was lost to the rollback. If (any of) you want to talk you can PM me for my e-mail. I don't want to derail this topic too much.

12. Luig

Luig

Philip was part of the original hacking community he scripted the 2nd zombie bot ever and made it open source. Philip is aznguy. Both my bot and MZR's bot is derived from Philips work.

13. Laveer

Laveer

Oi, wrong person then, I thought aznguy's name was Charles for some reason.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Don't worry you did nothing at all, I was just completely full of myself back then and extremely arrogant. As far as communicating, my MSN messenger resides at drboy78@hotmail.com

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  14. tiger22467

tiger22467

I actually have no intention on hacking again for a while, and probably won't even get around to trying this myself. I was just wondering if Rumble Fighter is still worth coming back to as a player. And you're right, this forum isn't how it used to be.

OFF TOPIC: I only brought that up because I was looking forward to how the project turned out, then it just vanished.

15. Cloud203

Cloud203 Retired Staff Member GzP Underground

Like El, I haven't touched this game during my absence. Checking it out after all this time... everything is so different. It's weird.

16. Laveer

Laveer

It's not something you'd generally want to look forward to after being gone so long, you could say some of the hacking community matured and ascended in terms of skill and general hacking knowledge, though most simply sulked and didn't bother to learn a thing. Overall it's pretty much crap, just a bunch of imbeciles being spoon-fed.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  17. [JDboy]

[JDboy]

Well Cloud we havent seen you in awhile how could we share? Haha thought you were out of everything completely tbh.
    Also we kept this all a secret from the community for a good reason.
    Rumble Fighter will go to hell, Just saying.

But yeah as Luig said, if this is reported straight to Nimonix we might have a problem on our hands.

as for me .. *goes back to hiding in the shadows*

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  18. Muhon

Muhon

They can't hack skill.

19. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

Repack coming soon, I'm developing a system for encrypt that I can control (like a client - server comunication) because the situation could degenerate... In 5 days I will release the NST decrypter.

20. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

I've finished the recryption... I test it for 4 - 5 hours tomorrow (in italy now = 2:20 AM ._.)...