Dismiss Notice
Want to Shorten Your Long URL? Check out our sister website Tiniurl to solve your needs!

[Tutorial] Getting ItemIDs [PATCHED DOESNT WORK]

Discussion in 'Scions of Fate' started by pursuited, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jefflahh

jefflahh

Re: [Tutorial] Getting ItemIDs

the ID only shows up once for me when i record from chan =/, is it possible for you to tell me how you change it in your inventory?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  2. snoopykoo

snoopykoo

I'm not at my computer so all I can do is tell you what I can remember... but I know that if you record the buy packet you'll see a send packet that's roughly 84 or 85 long directly followed by a recieved packet that's the same length. The recieved packet is what I'm filtering with the new item ID's (I changed the filter to only filter recieved for this one, but I don't know if it's required).

I'm not even sure if that's how it's supposed to be done or not, but it does get the item in your inventory, for better or worse.

3. red8981

red8981

I still cant manage to sell it as a rare item, no matter how I set the filter.
    What should I do now :(

4. pursuited

pursuited Retired Staff Member GzP Underground

Buy alot of an item that you know the item id of. (IE: short bows)

Lets say you have 5 short bows in your inventory, then its save to assume that the inventory item ids will have 5 packets the have the short bow id in it. Use the search feature of WPE. Or output your log and you can do more advanced searches.

5. pinoyinstrument

pinoyinstrument

maybe under options in WPE PRO make sure under the winsock 2.0 you have checks in

WSASend
    WSASendTo
    WSARecv
    WSARecvFrom

with the Rec ones unchecked you will not see the shop packet when you record.

I just found that info here too! Credit to whoever said this :D

6. ibuykopi36

ibuykopi36

i noticed that for every item bought, theres a code that is unique to it although the itemID is the same. for example shortbow itemID is 42 91 DA 17, when i record buying the shortbows, there is a set of code that is always different which is at offset 35. it can be any hex combination which i cant find a pattern in it. even for the other bows it all hav a unique set of hex at offset 35, i believe that affects the real item that it can be other than only the grahpics. (for eg a real FDB other than a pic of it) but prob is i wont know the unique code of the item (FDB for eg) then i cant filter it to wat i wan it to be (again for eg FDB)

juz wanna ask persuited if this idea is somehow important in getting the correct results? if it is can drop some hints on how to guess such codes?

7. pinoyinstrument

pinoyinstrument

i dnt know if youre talking about other codes for items.. theres a thread where some people contributed the codes that they found

http://gamerzplanet.net/forums/showthread-t_172118.html

is that what u looking for?

8. ibuykopi36

ibuykopi36

i know about this thread but its not the one i m talking about.
    this thread shows the itemIDs of the item. what i mean is every item wif a itemID hav manymany diff hex code. for eg.
    shortbow of itemID 42 91 DA 17 hav these sets of codes:
    12 8A 0E 03 8E
    1A D2 1A 15 8E
    and they are different everytime i buy a shortbow.
    this codes seems to be unique to the weapon as when u are sending the selling code u also need to hav this item code in the packet u sending. if its the wrong code even wif the correct itemID, u could not sell it after sending the sell packet.

but still thx for ur help =)

9. snoopykoo

snoopykoo

That may be the actual individual item ID code. Most games generate a unique ID for every item in order to track item duplication.

If that's true, then we're not using it yet for anything other than to be able to sell things back to the npc (as per the tut reeves posted a few pages back), but we may be using it later to be able to sell things for the actual value? Only pursuited knows at this point.

10. ibuykopi36

ibuykopi36

ya thats wat i think so too.. theres even a chance that if we know these codes we can filter it when buying so it will become the real expensive item

stucked here now with this unknown unique codes..

11. red8981

red8981

Is this right?
    When you sell, you set WSAsend: as a bulcher which made you able to sell, the set WSAreceive: as the other item you want to change, which made the server thinking you selling the items you changed

But after i set WSAreceive, it doesnt allow me to sell.
    anyone can help??? is my thinking right?

12. darkwingz

darkwingz

haiz... kind of "gif up" i'm still struck wif buying item.... maybe i m just dumb or wad.... busy finding a job as well so not much time... gooD luCk everyone~ will share if i manage to find something new~ haha

13. ibuykopi36

ibuykopi36

@red
    yeah this mayb right and i bet a lot ppl hav tried doing this but as i mentioned, theres a unique code to every of this weapons. so if the unique dosent match the item u want to trick the server, u wont be able to sell it.

when u sell or buy an item, WSA recieved 2 itemIDS in a packet right? juz guessing if the 1st one is juz the graphics, while the 2nd one is the actual itemID of the item and this muz match wif the unique code at offset 35-40. the 1st code is at offset 19 and 2nd one is at offset 43. i notice this when i was trying on shortbows. i filter the 1st itemID to be an azurebow and the 2nd itemID to be that of shortbow's i manage to sell it normally. but when its other way round, it cant be sold.

another guess is i think the 2nd itemID is wat that is truly in the inventory cos when i sell an item with quantity thats say 2 arrows, and left with 8 arrows in the inventory, the 1st itemID will hav 02 behind while the 2nd itemID will hav 08 behind. (tried filtering the 08 to be of greater values, but dunno why it still appears as 8 arrows in my inventory.) the quantities are in hex values. for example 45 arrows hex is 2D.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  14. red8981

red8981

Can some one tell me how to find inventory packet??

15. pursuited

pursuited Retired Staff Member GzP Underground

Ok I think its time to give out a hint for the harder end of things here....

You need to have completed the following BEFORE attempting these next hints:

Change an itemid in your inventory
    Change an NPC itemid
    Have a buy code
    Have a sell code (will need more than one)

Now this next part is kinda tricky. You need to go to NPC #1 (any that sells). Record about 3-5 packets that initiate the buy/sell page. Now close the shop and record those packets (2-4ish).

Goto the blacksmith and do the same. (at this point, you will have alot of send rec'v packets.. better keep them organised)

Tricky part now... Your going to use pieces of NPC 1 and mix them with NPC 2s packets. ALL WILL BE DONE WITH WPE. What your trying to achieve now, is being able to buy an ITEM that NPC 1 has and NPC 2 doesnt.

THIS IS A VERY IMPoRTANT Step!!! Perfecting this hint, will only make things easier.

Good Luck All

16. T_bag

T_bag

try record then switch items position inside your inventory? (just a sugestion) i try and give you a confirm answer later

17. red8981

red8981

is it count I buy a red diamond bow from the blacksmith in CV (chan)?--it is wrong
    buy gingengs from blacksmith...

18. hndragon

hndragon

so i was able to buy the modified weapon with all of ur help but im stuck on the selling part......how do u filter the sell?....can anyone help me to successfully sell the modified weapons?......and also...is the sell filter the same offset as the buy filter?....cuz both the buy and sell packet..the offset r both at 19 and 43 so i was wonderin how u would set up the sell filter

19. ibuykopi36

ibuykopi36

still cant figure out how to buy an item the npc dunhav but the other hav.. manage to buy but again i cant do anything wif that (for eg buying healing slave from blacksmith but cant do anything wif the healing slave)

20. flipzor

flipzor

well im working on it as well and i got to buy the modified weapon. the thing is the picture of the short bow is in chans shop but when i buy it it changes to the modified weapon. i'm not sure if that's right but yea that's the farthest i got and now i'm stumped

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.