Dismiss Notice
Want to Shorten Your Long URL? Check out our sister website Tiniurl to solve your needs!

[Tutorial] Getting ItemIDs [PATCHED DOESNT WORK]

Discussion in 'Scions of Fate' started by pursuited, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red8981

red8981

Re: [Tutorial] Getting ItemIDs

Ok, I manage to buy the modified item from NPC (Buying weapon in Hugm's shop, which is he only sell pots)

I don't know what is the point of this??? Can someone explain??
    How I find inventory code?

2. shit4you

shit4you

You can buy EXP from hugm :eek: just record experence and find the value of 16743 open socket and replay value in shop :) (dont buy lvl ups it will regester u with no experence so you will get banned imidatly)

3. red8981

red8981

HUH what???? what do you mean by buy exp?

4. Xsword

Xsword

Are you saying you can buy EXP from a shop?

Please provide an example of your packet you used to buy exp.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  5. pursuited

pursuited Retired Staff Member GzP Underground

Someone is on the right track here....

I think people are misreading what i posted. What you are trying to do is take NPCs codes and make NPC 2 do the same thing. So if you click on blacksmith, the banker opens... Something along those lines...

6. red8981

red8981

o i got it.....

7. reevesm07

reevesm07

What the? Buying exp is probably not possible. Unless someone else did it here or care to explain? How can one buy experience if its obtained through fighting? The only way I can think of getting exp is through the quest hugm gives at lower levels (<20 quests). And if thats the case, similarly, one can also by ki.

8. Joona666

Joona666

WTF? whit this System of topic I ( and you?) get FREE stuff at shops? I'm right ? or is it just normal? :der:

9. elqba

elqba

Can you explain what you got please :pray2:

10. ibuykopi36

ibuykopi36

i m still not getting to anywhere... sometimes even get error the whole sof close.. haiz

11. Xsword

Xsword

System errors and shutting down SoF is progress, it lets you know you can't do that, attempt to find other ways to do what you want. All this section is on is experimenting with the Item IDs of rare items in an attempt to purchase them at the game server prices, not get them free or at lower cost.

Many attempts have been made and some progress has been made, once it is fine tuned and working properly it will make things easier for everyone.

Some of us have been working on this for a long time and passed out findings here to have another set of eyes review what has been done and the progress. This a a major shared effort in attempting to cut the over prices of rares in game. If one can buy a rare at the price of like 8.4 million, and you sell it at 16 million verses the current price of 100 million, then the ones that are over pricing rares will go out of business or forced to lower their prices.

With the option of buying at server prices, you can still make alot of gold at just doubling the price you spent for the item.

Right now with the prices of rares at the level they are, many are supporting these gold selling sites, this is a mission of all of us to shut down these sites and bring the game back into a point it isn't so hard to buy things and people will not have to depend on the sites.

I just hope I am making a point here, with the current level of support in this game it may not be lasting too long. It is over run by bots for these gold sellers that are also hording these rares and attempting to sell them so high you have no choice but to buy gold from them and then give it right back to one of their sellers.

12. red8981

red8981

Anyone still working on this?

13. pursuited

There are people still working on this. I will give more hints after I release my trainer. (will be done by the end of this weekend)

Come on people, if you have gotten somewhere, post it. Help others out. Remember, this thread is for all of you. If you want to go somewhere with it, thats up to you.

14. red8981

red8981

I manage to sell modified items, but it only sells for the orginial one...
    meaning the modified items is 70k, but i sells it for $700 the cost of original one....
    anyone need help can ask^_^ I am happy to answer

15. reevesm07

reevesm07

Well I did manage to mix the inventories of chan and lynn, so now I am waiting for next hint. BTW pursuited, a helpful user here pointed out that one can buy exp if one records the exp gained from killing a mob and plays it at a store. Well I've tried it all of today and it does not work. Either does recording quest rewards and replaying it. I thought of recording the earlier hugm quest reward in which he rewarded you with 5k exp and 3k ki pts but it doesn't make sense that one can "buy" it from the store. Any thoughts on this? Quite perplexing...

16. pursuited

This is something else that I will be working on at a later date. Right now my priority is to get my trainer released. But in theory, I am sure I can get it to work.

17. ibuykopi36

ibuykopi36

u mean u can buy robes from chan and weapons from lynn? the real items? or is it mixing only the graphics? can teach me how u mix if u manage to buy the real item that the npc dun hav? till now i m still buying only the graphiics of the items

18. reevesm07

reevesm07

I think I just mixed the graphics, I still don't know how to buy it yet since I have to combine many packets. I merely filtered the packets i recorded so that the npc inventories and menus switched. Sorry if it doesn't help.

19. tiglore

tiglore

What I have so far. Now don't take this as 100% correct because i'm guessing based on what I have seen so far. So buyer beware =)

I can modify the vendor to show other items. I cannot buy those items though.

I can change what items in the inventory look like and what there quantity is, though I think im doing this in a way different then what is being suggested. What I do is record the packet of the object getting picked up and then use a filter to modify that the next time its picked up. On the bright side this is a easy way to get a objects item ID and the unique ID. No luck yet figuring out how the inventory packets work though. Doing captures on the inventory yields no matches for any object IDs or unique IDs.

Sending the packet to go to the character screen and reselecting the character will fix and changes that were made to inventory objects. You can also place items in the back and take them out again to reset them but this cost 100 gold >.<

A bit about the packets.

they seem to start and end with 2 hex codes typically AA 55 and 55 AA offsets 4 5 and 6 seem to be a time code. offsets 3 7 and 9 seem to indicate the type of packet it is. Lets look at a packet buying a small healing pot...

AA 55 4E 00 00 00 92 00 48 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 65 CA 9A 3B 01 00 00 00 C8 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 C4 D9 04 15 14 A4 D0 00 65 CA 9A 3B 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 02 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 55 AA

aa 55 is the start of the packet with 55 aa being the end. 4e (3rd offset) 92 (7th offset) and 48(9th offset) show it as a packet meant to sell/buy something (Note this is a packet that is sent from the client to the server) . In the case of buying and selling offset 11 will be either 01 (buying) or 02 selling. Offset 20-23 shows the item id 65 CA 9A 3B or small health pot and offset 24 says how many are sold in hex. offset 35-38 shows the unique item id (C4 D9 04 15) .
    Offset 39 changes and could be a time stamp of some kind, while 40 and 41 always seem the same. So you could use a4 d0 as a way of locating unique ids. 42-45 we have the item id again with 46 being the quantity again in hex.

A short note on unique item ids. Non stacking items always have a unique id per each item. So if you have 2 short bows each one will have a different unique item id. Things that stack like health pots have 1 unique ID that seems to remain fixed as long as you have at least one of the item on you. So if you have a health pot on you and its unique id is C4 D9 04 15, when you pick up another it will also show C4 D9 04 15 in the pick up packet.

Hopefully this will help some folks. I know I still need help figuring out the inventory packets, and buy something from vendor who normally does not sell that item. Compiling a list of offsets showing the different type of packets prob would be helpful.

20. pursuited

Have you all given up? I haven't seen a new post in a while here...

Or is it that you are all waiting for me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.