1. Hi, Guest,

Currently we have three official hacks running. CSGO, Battlefield Hardline and Audition America. Be sure to check them out!

CSGO - "50 Shades of Gaben" - CSGO Cheat

Battlefield Hardline Cheat - FREE

Audition Redbana Hack [ARH Modz]

More to Come!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
CSGO VIP Cheats now available!! Click here to get a copy!
Dismiss Notice
Want to Shorten Your Long URL? Check out our sister website Tiniurl to solve your needs!

Problem Users not Reporting Posts

Discussion in 'GamerzPlanet Discussion' started by Messiah, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Messiah

Messiah

I have received only two post reports in the last week, and one of those was me testing that my spam filter wasn't catching them.

I've noticed that while many users have observed problem posts and has pointed it out, they haven't used the post report system. In future if you find a post that breaks the rules please report it using the [​IMG] button or [​IMG] depending on your skin.

In future if I see users replying to such posts without reporting the post I will give them a warning. If they continue to do it they will receive an infraction.

1 person likes this.
  2. Icedgreece

Icedgreece

In the soldier front section, the rule is there, but not strictly enforced.

1 person likes this.
  3. Majii Guy

Majii Guy

If there were an infraction default for this, I would have done it from when I was recruited as a moderator. I'll start infracting users from now.

Regards,
    Vi

1 person likes this.
  4. amonkeyz

amonkeyz

I always post and report. Post to warn other people that's about it.

I thought everyone reports =/

By the way I have reported a guy multiple times for posting a virus saying it something else like a hack or game sounds. he got infracted and that was it. Are you guys able to permanent bann?

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Retired Staff Member

virus post should = permanent ban immediately

6. Lalalakid

Lalalakid Retired Staff Member

It does when confirmed, but not all of the reports are actually accurate or sometimes even truthful.
    We try to examine and keep deleting and handing infractions where necessary, however.

7. King3vil

King3vil

i kind of got a little frustated last week as i saw a flood (4-5) of runescape trading threads. i reported them all---4 days later they were still up there (not closed/deleted/moved). in some threads i also see the the user has received an infraction after the thread was reported by me, but the thread is not taken care of.

i really hope the mods examine every reported post.

1 person likes this.
  8. Ninjakiwi123

Ninjakiwi123

9. Jammerx2

Jammerx2 Retired Staff Member GzP Underground

I will start reporting when I see a thread or post not following rules more often =D

1 person likes this.
  10. UMStrange

UMStrange

Is posting a hack thats really a virus againts rules? If so i'll probly report posts at least 10 times a day.

EDIT: Even if I see about 10 post's saying this hack is a virus, and I report. And IT turns out not to be one, am I in trouble?

11. z1mmer

z1mmer

well if that ever happens just scan it yourself and then if its a virus report it. that way you will never get in trouble xD

12. Jammerx2

Please look at the date before posting, this thread is old. And to answer the question, you won't be in trouble unless you intentionally report a thread so you can try to get a user banned because of a feud between you and the other user.

In short, if you think it is a virus and report it, you won't get in trouble.

13. void

void

As this seems to be unclear, posting malicious files = permanent ban.
    If you reported a malicious file some time ago and it's still not gone, report it again or poke a staff member of that section.
    If the specific section/forum has no moderator assigned or the mod does not respond, poke a super moderator or an administrator (in that order).
    While we take your security serious, it may happen that a file is overseen during a moderators absence.
    We also worked on the internal communication and have an internal area for file analysis etc, if a certain moderator is not sure what to do.
    Please give the analysis some time, we get alot of various reports daily for the most different purposes (spam reports mostly).

This is no invitation to PM staff members about every single issue.
    You still use the report function, and then do the above in case nothing happened within 24 - 48 hours.

You're also always free to fill in an application to join the moderation staff, if you meet the requirements.
    The most important of the requirements currently are IRC activity (so we get to know you), at least 200 posts and no (serious) infractions (such as scamming, flaming, racism ...).
    You can read more about that in the corresponding thread which is, if I'm not wrong, in the GzP Help Files section.

14. Cipher

Cipher Retired Staff Member

Adding to that, please don't report threads from the trash can, they are there to die, they cannot be posted in, they are useless threads.
    I see quite a few reports saying "thx 4 this" and "this hav virus" and they're reports from the trashcan, this is abusing the reporting system and wastes staff's time.

15. z1mmer

z1mmer

K thanks for the information. I will do my best to help out

16. Jammerx2

Just as a side note to what brandon said, why is there even the ability to report closed threads... If they're closed they've been dealt with.

17. void

void

One possible case where this would make sense is, an user links to a file X, and somewhen replaces the file X through a malicious file Y, while the thread is already closed, ex. for the original file X being outdated. Now, a random user finds the thread with google, thinks hey maybe I can get this to work somehow. Downloads the malicious file Y, thinking he would download the outdated hack X.
    Now, his virus scanner alerts him about malicious file Y and he can then report the post with malicious file Y, so we can remove the link to it.

I couldn't think of another case where this would make sense, atm.
    Feel free to ask the vbulletin creators.

18. Jammerx2

In a rare case like that, a moderator or administrator could be pm'd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.